Not quite a typical La Nina:
- There is a split jet stream in the Pacific more typical of El Nino.
- Rainfall in Australia definitely is not living up to La Nina.
- Global Hurricane Production is in the dumps.
- The most active region, the Atlantic featured tracks that were recurvatures (north and east).
- Ocean temperatures in the equatorial Pacific and Global Angular Momentum seem to have hit bottom in Sept/Oct instead of Dec/Jan.
Therefore, anyone who forecasts a stereotypical La Nina is taking a big risk.